Supply Chain Solutions > Production Planning
Techatalyst has partnered with one of the leading supply-chain solution companies to
provide an SCM solution that offers out-of-the-box integration with SAP
All manufacturing companies focus on Production planning, a critical step, helps them to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization of resources. An effective production plan directly impacts product costs, manufacturing lead times, machine throughputs and helps improve product quality.
Many manufacturers implement MRP as a part of their ERP projects as ways to save costs and improve operational efficiency. However, MRP output is an Unconstrained Output. MRP does not take into account manufacturing constraints. It assumes that the plant has an infinite capacity where multiple work orders can be scheduled on the same line at the same time, without taking into account the real manufacturing constraints.
What you require is a Planning system that bases its plan on real-life constraints. That is where our Production Planning system helps you. Optimization with constraints will only allow the load to be placed where there is capacity.
- Adherence to client delivery dates. Deliver quality on dates that you promise. Leads to high client satisfaction and repeat business.
- What-if analysis capability to find if a new order can be satisfied, given that a set of orders are already planned in the system.
- Warns how work orders and sales orders are affected when
- Supplier has delayed his shipment
- Cycle time variation
- Material rejection
- Resource breakdown
- Real time material and capacity constraints across your entire manufacturing process helps you to utilize your resources in the most optimal manner.
- Minimize your product costs by reducing inventory and work in progress.
- Reduce resourcing down-times by aligning flow of material across the manufacturing lines.
- Motivated teams since conflicting functions of production/ quality/ sales communicate based on real-life plans.
Production Planning Features
- Consider both material and capacity constraints simultaneously while generating production plan.
- Use pull-based model to generate plan thereby reducing inventory.
- Incremental planning of an order, prioritize an order based on client requirements
- Flexible planning horizon. Lock/freeze a plan up to a certain number of days.
- Model calendar such as working shifts, holidays, planned maintenance and overtime.
- Planned orders can be viewed using Gantt chart.
- Graphical representation of factory shop floor and movement of orders.
- Different resource types such as simple, aggregate, pool, batch and subcontract.
- Model capacity constraints such as setup time, wait time, min queue time, transfer batch quantity, yield, alternate resource and alternate routing.
- Model material constraints like operation level consumption, by products, lot sizes and alternate item